Extra Home Learning
Home Learning Resources
Sit David Attenborough is doing virtual geogprahy lessons for kids of any age who are currently in lockdown, the lessons will be available to access through BBC iPlayer and the BBC Red Button.
- Interactive earth science lessons - Explore the landscapes in Oklahoma
- Tutorful - Top Geography websites, YouTube videos, and resources
- Reach out reporter - news and information about nature
- Virtual Tours / Aquarium - Virtual online tours - including zoos, landmarks in foreign countries, etc.
- National Geographic - Information and games for children
- Seterra - Free world geography, online quizzes
The National Trust have compiled a list of things to do before you turn 11 ¾.
Let's get the children outside in their environment, having fun and learning through play and adventure.
Get your kids closer to nature with ‘50 things to do before you’re 11¾’. There’s plenty of outdoor activities to do all year round, from watching the sunset to creating some wild art. Many can be done at home and in your garden.
This completely FREE online gaming platform is great for learning about geography topics. There are interactive activities on continents, capitals, flags, regions, islands, rivers... the list is endless.
There's no subscription or free trial, just go to the website and play!
National Geographic Kids is a great platform for learning and it's totally FREE. There's online games, resources and competitions too. Aimed at primary aged children, there are a wide range of subjects - history, science, geography, English, Maths, Art & Design and PSHE.