Our main objective in the teaching of a modern foreign language at primary school is to promote the early development of linguistic competence.
To accomplish this we aim to enable children to:
• familiarise themselves with the sounds and written form of Spanish
• develop particular language-learning skills
• begin to understand a new language, and communicate in it;
• make comparisons between languages and begin to think how they are learning a new language
• increase their awareness of other cultures through learning about different countries & their people, and working with materials from different countries and communities
• develop positive attitudes towards the learning of foreign languages generally;
• use their knowledge of Spanish with growing confidence, both to understand what they hear and read, and to express themselves in speech & writing.