Aims and Intent
In the teaching of music we aim to:
- encourage children to sing with enthusiasm from an early age, free from inhibition
- cultivate listening skills
- encourage creativity through musical performance, composition and aural development
- foster a love and understanding of music through active involvement in listening, appraising, composing and performing
- integrate music through other subjects within school, including the music of other cultures and religions and periods of history.