Aims and Intent
PSHE Education at St Paul’s RC Primary School is aimed at helping pupils to lead confident, healthy and responsible lives as individuals and members of society:
- to help them live healthily and deal with the spiritual, moral, social and cultural issues they face as they approach adulthood;
- to reflect on their experiences and how they are developing;
- to understand and manage responsibly a wider range of relationships as they mature;
- to show respect for the diversity of, and differences between, people;
- to develop pupils’ well-being and self-esteem, encouraging belief in their ability to succeed;
- to empower pupils to take responsibility for their learning and future choice of courses and career.
These aims are consistent with our school philosophy and take account of National Curriculum Non-Statutory guidance.