Welcome to our Year 4 class page!
On this page you will find all the important information you need to know.
It will be updated regularly with anything new about our class.
Mr Garsden will be your class teacher this year.
Mrs Dexter is our class TA and we are very excited to be supporting you in your new year of learning.
This year has been a strange one and continues to change! Well done for all your efforts with the challenges of last year's home learning. We are going to have a fabulous and fun year - with hopefully the whole of it being in school!
- Reading Records will be checked for amount read at home. The pupils earn Dojos based on how many times they have read at home.
- Outdoor PE session. Please bring appropriate kit as we will be going out regardless of conditions.
- Times Tables assessment in class. Please practise these regularly at home as there is a National Assessment at the end of the year. Resources can be accessed on Purple Mash.
- Music session with Mr. Higginson. Please bring your flute back in on either the day before, or on the morning of. We do not have any spare flutes to provide your child.
- Indoor PE session. Please bring the appropriate kit.
- Homework due from the previous week.
- Class Spelling Test from those given out the previous week.
- The new spellings are then given out. These will be inside the Reading Records and can be quizzed interactively on Purple Mash!
- Celebration Assembly - look out in our window for who the week's winners are!
- Homework based on the week's learning set, due next week.
MyMaths Main Log-in:
Passwords for Purple Mash and MyMaths have been provided in the children's Reading Records. I would recommend making a second note of it, or autosaving the password to ensure that it does not get lost. Please make a note in your child's Reading Record, or leave a message on Dojo at the earliest convenience so that I can provide the password again.
Year 4 Topics:
Remote Home Learning - Grab & Go:
This work is designed for Year 4 pupils individually isolating at home.
Any completed work that requires feedback or marking
can be emailed to myself at:
If the pupil wishes and is well enough, I am able to stream lessons on Teams to them so that they can receive Live Lessons whilst isolating.
Here is some extra home learning, if you would like to try.
Bitesize - Year 4 Maths, English and Topic : https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/tags/z63tt39/year-4-and-p5-lessons
Oak Academy - Year 4 Lessons: https://classroom.thenational.academy/subjects-by-year/year-4
Year 4 Whiterose Maths: https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-4/